Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Nug on the NY Times crossword and professors

Let the record show:

Bean and I had a good time on the crossword today. We almost finished, and our friend Rex Parker (okay, he's not really our friend, but he's very good at the crossword) validated most of our feelings.

Some feelings I would like to express:

1) The big, thematic answers were all puns that made you feel clever when you got them. Like "a Lebanese water passage" was "Beirut bay route."

2) The clue "family member, informally" (with the answer being "sis") is stupid because how are you supposed to know which family member? I was briefly convinced that "rel" for "relative" might be a thing.

3) The clue that tripped us up in the end was "red skinned food." The answer was "edam." The freaking Dutch cheese with the red wax. I still maintain that wax is not a skin.






Does not equal 







On to professors. Okay, haikus are a thing I do. I write them for NutMeg and Bean all the time. My least favorite game in the world is "guess what the professor is thinking." And all of my professors wanted to play that today, and were also gesticulating in a distracting fashion. I will now unburden my soul.

Dearest professors,
I can't know what you're thinking.
Just freaking say it.


Dearest professors,
Wild flailing will not make 
Me a mind reader.


No comments:

Post a Comment